Sunday, November 23, 2008

my violin and i

departure day !

gratitude to ALL of my family and tribe...Mom, Dad and you know who you all are, for inspiring and making this journey possible. i am feeling full of joy and blessed this early morning ~ it is brisk and cold.

had the oppurtunity to play music with some close friends the eve of departure for a fundraiser for the couple who were brutally attacked while travelling in
s. america. heartening to see the community turn out for an event like that to transform that awful situation into support and love.
also feels somewhat like a prayer for safety in my own travels, a friend told me recently (Jen P) that when we offer healing for others it opens the same channels in ourselves. so if there is any suffering or confusion in our own world it's useful to go outside ourselves, find a similar circumstance or situation in need of healing, and imagine/offer our help.

now onto this exploration mission of sound and healing..with my very close companion
the violin i've played since i was 10 yrs old! nice to think of all the colorful experiences we've had together, temples, concert halls, bars, nature, yurts, trains, airplanes, porches, gigs, practices, orchestras, bands, living rooms and kitchens too numerous to count, etc. etc. i have played that instrument for nearly all of the people i have known and loved in my life. what an incredible thread. i can sometimes hear the vibrations of that grand picture when my ears are particularly open and near my f-holes & sound box.

soon, india!

No comments:

Post a Comment